Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Today was a good day....wednesday's always are. I got to see most of my friends today...Meghan, Sean, Chad......that was good. OH MY GOSH MEGHAN!!!!!!!! I just finished Cold Mountain-WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had NO idea it was that good. I will buy that asap. Man, i was saddened by the ending though-why ? You're right about Jude Law-he's a TOTAL stud and.....nice view. :) I'm gonna call you hopefully tomorrow b/c we have soooooo much to talk about.

Here's my "deep" thought for the day. Have you ever wanted something soo bad you thought you would burst if you didn't have it?It's soo hard sometimes....being a Christian in a VERY secular world. Everytime i think i'm gonna burst from longing, i THANK God He gives me the strength to resist the temptation. 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. "

Am i the only one who stand teetering on the brink of giving in ? At times, i feel so alone b/c of what i daily struggle with. I bet if i honest and truly opened up to my friends, i wouldn't be but i can't. For one, i'm afraid that they wouldn't understand. For another, I know it's my pride but i don't want people to think less of me or perceive me as something i'm not. I just don't know.......i'm sure everything is harder right nowb/c it's late and i really should be in bed. It will all work out in God's timing.

3 Comments:

Blogger seanathan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:00 PM  
Blogger seanathan said...

I know what it is like to live as a Christian in a world that basically tells you that everything physical is the way to live. James 1: 2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you konw what the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." We know that we are not perfect, and God know that everything that we are being tested on, all will not be passed by everyone. It is not God's way of torturing you, but it is His way of helping you, but testing your Christian traits, and telling you what you need work on. In Galatians 5:22-23, "but the fruit of the spirit, we have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." If you put that into a rating system, and you ask someone to rate you on those characteristics, you will see what you need to work on. Everyone should do this, it is a way of helping your walk, but seeing if people see you as living Godly, or if you struggling in some areas, which is perfectly fine, so don't get discouraged, but just kind of focus on what you are lacking in, and pray to God for guidance and help. I hope that I have helped some. I will talk to you later. Take it easy.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Told you so! By the way I cry everytime I watch it and i have seen it several times! Pray for sunday and phantom and my room to be cleaned!!!!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home